Gamers Hotspot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion for video games

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Ranking  Log inLog in    chatbox  
Latest topics
» I haven't been on
Yoshi. EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 3:44 am by ConMan

» Roms
Yoshi. EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 8:31 pm by kennethk15

» Emulators
Yoshi. EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 8:23 pm by kennethk15

» Psp Games Cso (need cfw)
Yoshi. EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 12:21 am by kennethk15

» Stupid internet...
Yoshi. EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 1:32 am by Li1Pr!C0

» Rock Band
Yoshi. EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 12:14 am by data2link

» hey
Yoshi. EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 11:51 pm by yoshi2008

Yoshi. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 12:17 am by Li1Pr!C0

» hi user
Yoshi. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 12:13 am by Li1Pr!C0

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 204 on Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:21 pm
Top posters
Steven253
Yoshi. I_vote_lcapYoshi. I_voting_barYoshi. I_vote_rcap 
AEX90
Li1Pr!C0
Pyren
iMG.hiphop
kennethk15
Jon.777
Bakura
lostteen
Torres
Statistics
We have 35 registered users
The newest registered user is Pocketsinfull

Our users have posted a total of 4951 messages in 413 subjects
clock

affliates

:

Yoshi.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Steven253
Your Post crazy
Your Post crazy
Steven253

Number of posts : 699
Award : Yoshi. Nothing
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Yoshi. Empty
PostSubject: Yoshi.   Yoshi. EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 3:48 pm

I'm creating A character BIO-tyipe thing.
Post any others.
I'm gonna start off with Yoshi Very Happy
Yoshi
A fictional dinosaur-like creature who appears in the Mario series of video games by Nintendo. His debut was in Super Mario World on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. He later had his own series with several platform and puzzle games, including Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. He has also appeared in many of the spin-off Mario games, such as the Mario Party, the Mario Kart series as well as in other various Mario sports titles.

Contary to popular belief, Yoshi is ACTUALLY a male dinosaur, not a female dinosaur. All Yoshi's lay eggs, it's part of their biological make-up.
Yoshi made his debut in Super Mario World as a native dinosaur that Mario could ride on in order to eat enemies and otherwise navigate the island. This game spawned a prequel entitled Yoshi's Island for the Super Nintendo on which the player could control Yoshi in order to protect Baby Mario from harm's way as they advanced through the game. This led to a spin-off series of games including Yoshi's Story for the Nintendo 64, Yoshi Topsy Turvy for the Game Boy Advance, and a number of games for the Nintendo DS, including Yoshi Touch & Go, and Yoshi's Island DS. His 3D Mario platformer appearances include Super Mario 64 as a hidden, but not playable, character. Super Mario 64 DS, the port of the previously mentioned game but now as a playable character, and Super Mario Sunshine where he could be ridden on in the same fashion as in Super Mario World, but could not enter any bodies of water and could only harm villains by spitting out fruit juice that he had swallowed.
Yoshi has appeared in nearly all of the Mario sports and spin-off games. He appears in every game of the Mario Kart series as a playable character, where he drives karts that are usually bright green in color. In Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, the kart he usually drives resembles himself. One of the tracks in Mario Kart Double Dash!!, Yoshi Circuit, actually resembles Yoshi himself when seen from above. He also appears in every Mario Party game to date as a playable character, as well as in Mario Golf for the Nintendo 64, and in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games alongside characters from both the Mario and Sonic the Hedgehog series of video games.
Yoshi is a playable character in the original Nintendo 64 Super Smash Bros., and its sequels Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Nintendo GameCube and Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Wii. In the Subspace Emissary mode of Super Smash Bros Brawl, Yoshi and Link team up against a group of the Primid that invade the forest.
Yoshi appears at the top of the castle in the original N64 version of Super Mario 64. The castle rooftop can be accessed a variety of ways, however by collecting all 120 power stars, a cannon nearby the castle will open, allowing Mario to reach the rooftop.
Yoshi has a few cameo appearances in Super Mario Galaxy; an image of his head appears as a wooden planet that Mario can visit in the Good Egg Galaxy, and his head is also able to be used as a marker for one of 6 playable files for the game.
While green is considered the standard color for Yoshi, others of his kind appear in different colors, including blue, red, yellow, brown, orange, pink, purple, azure, turquoise, navy blue, silver, bronze and, more rarely, black and white. Black and white Yoshis in the Nintendo 64 game Yoshi's Story have the distinct ability to digest chili peppers, which other Yoshis cannot. Black and white Yoshis also appear in the unlockable levels of Yoshi's Island DS. Generally, a Yoshi's shoe color is dependent on its color; red Yoshis wear blue shoes, for example. In Super Mario World for the SNES, different colors of Yoshi had different abilities, such as fire-breathing and flying. In Super Mario Sunshine, Yoshi's color can be changed by eating different fruits into the colors purple, orange, and pink.
Yoshi's appearances in video games, usually Mario sports games, typically portray him as an agile character. In the Mario Kart games, Yoshi has excellent acceleration, but is more likely to skid off the track than other characters. In Mario Golf, his shot is straight and average in height. In Mario Tennis and Mario Power Tennis, he is the fastest tennis player. In Mario Superstar Baseball, Yoshi is the speediest runner and can use his tongue to catch faraway balls. In Super Mario Strikers, Yoshi is a balanced captain. When he performs his Super Strike, green and yellow bubbles surround him as he kicks the ball into the back of the net, usually hitting the goalie in the stomach and taking him into the net with it. In the recent sequel, Mario Strikers Charged, he is once again a balanced captain. This time when he performs his Mega Strike, he flies up into the air, sprouting wings as he could have in Super Mario World if he held a blue shell in his mouth. He then draws in a lot of breath and as he breathes out, it creates a considerable force on the ball causing it to be fired into the net. In Mario Hoops 3-on-3, Yoshi is an all-around character, in contrast to his speedy nature in other sports games. His Special Shot is the "Flutter Dunk", performed by tapping an "M" pattern on the touch screen twice. At close range, he holds the ball as he hovers toward the hoop in typical Yoshi style, leaving a rainbow trail. When he is outside the three-point line, he throws the ball to another teammate, with another rainbow trail behind the ball. In most of these games, Yoshi is mostly teamed up with Birdo, although their relationship is unclear. In Mario and Sonic and the Olympic Games, Yoshi is a speed-type character. In the Super Smash Bros. series, Yoshi is somewhat of an anomaly, not fitting into a specific class, though he is fast. His signature attacks, usually involving eggs, are kept.
Although having the same general appearance, Yoshi's appearance has slightly changed over the years. Originally, his features more resembled a dinosaur, with a long neck, small arms, and a wider back (conveniently for Mario to ride on) with small spikes running down it from head to tail. According to Satoru Iwata, Yoshi "ended up looking like a dinosaur... because something like a dinosaur was the shape which was allowed by the Super Nintendo's technical limitations."[10]

The first game to have Yoshi's appearance altered was the SNES version of Yoshi's Cookie, with him being much shorter, chubbier, with larger arms and hands and a rounder snout. It is possible that this new look was originally intended to be his "younger" form. This theory is supported by the fact that in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Kamek makes a reference to the young age of the Yoshi carrying Baby Mario when he and Kamek encounter each other for the first time in Burt The Bashful's fort ("So you're still on the baby's side, Yoshi-Baby? Then take THIS!"). This design was used again in Yoshi's Story, which had much more noticeable changes to his new look due to the game being 3-D, as well as the addition of infantile hatchings. Since Yoshi's Story, he is depicted having much more human-like features (i.e., standing up straight instead of curved, swinging his arms while running.) Over time, Yoshi's spikes would become smaller and blunter.
This new look for Yoshi has been used for the remaining Mario games ever since. Games such as the Mario Party series, the Mario Sports series, and even the Paper Mario series used this new appearance, likely making this his permanent design. Yoshi's design was changed for Super Mario 64 DS from his original "dinosaur" look to his new shorter look. He also inherited hovering and egg-throwing from the previous games, but he could only keep one egg with him as opposed to being able to carry many more (in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, for example, he was able to carry up to six eggs at once). But in some games, like Yoshi's Story, the color of the Shy Guy that Yoshi swallows is the color of the egg. Also the color of the egg can depend on the color of the Yoshi that swallowed the enemy.
One key anomaly about Yoshi is the red bump on his back. In Super Mario World, it was a saddle for Mario to sit on while he was riding Yoshi. However, Yoshi kept this saddle even in games where Mario didn't ride him, so it became a fundamental feature of Yoshi that later evolved into the "shell" design that's seen today, much like the shell of a Koopa Troopa. However, the shell idea was never a part of his original design.
Yoshis also have a carefree attitude towards their eggs, they carry them bouncing behind their tails in often dangerous places, and lay them out of necessity, often using them as weapons.
Yoshi. 137289 Yoshi. 137289 Yoshi. 137289 Yoshi. 137289 Yoshi. 137289 Yoshi. 137289 Yoshi. 137289 Yoshi. 137289 Yoshi. 137289 Yoshi. 137289 Yoshi. 137289 Yoshi. 137289
Back to top Go down
Pyren
Your Post crazy
Your Post crazy
Pyren

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Yoshi. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi.   Yoshi. EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 5:48 pm

Yay for Yoshi's! Now for my bio.

Gman

A mysterious character who appears in the video game Half Life. He frequently overlooks the main character, Gordan Freeman, giving him mysterious phrases such as "The right man in the wrong place, can make all the diffferenceee in the world." After Gordan Freeman destroyed the Nihilanth (final boss in Half Life), The Gman appears again, phrasing Gordan of his deeds. You are then transported on a Train, which is apparently in space traveling at light speed. The Gman then offers you a job, saying how his employers are interested in Gordan. The train door opens up and a portal is seen. "By walking in this portal, I'll take that as a yes." Gman said to Gordan who had no choice but to accept it. Gordan is then in a void, apperently waiting for a "job" to open up.

The Gman speaks in weird tones and sentences, changing his pitch from high to low or stressing letters in a word (Differenccceeee). This might be due to the fact that he's not human, or from the fact that from traveling from one place in time to the next messes up his speech.

The Gman apparently has the ability to freeze time, and Gordan is the only one who seems to see The Gman talking to him. Until Half Life:Episode two, No one has mentioned the Gman or even interacted with him. Throughout the game, The Gman can be seen walking through corriders or rooms that have no exit, only to dissapear if the player follows.

The Vortigaunts (aliens who came from the portal in Half Life one) apparently have the ability to enter The Gman's void and stop him. This is seen in Episode One, where in the previous game, after Gordan destoys the citadel, just as it explodes, The Gman appears, saving him and saying how his time has ended and "chooses" Freeman's next move. He leaves Gordan and Alyx (partner) in his frozen void of time while he leaves. He comes back later to see if anything happened, only to see the Vortigaunts chanting and holding back the Gman in his own rift. This is the only time in which the Gman seems to have emotion other than calmness. He shows anger and panic when the Vortigaunts hold him back. The Vorts then teleport Gordan and Alyx out of his void.

No one knows who the Gman is, some speculate that the Gman is Gordan in the future / alternate universe. However, Gman is not his name. Players have given him this name since his NPC file names himself Gman.

A video of The Gman in Half Life 2.

Back to top Go down

Yoshi.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gamers Hotspot :: MISC :: Idle Chatter-
Jump to: